Saturday, April 24, 2010

T minus 2 months!

Well, there is not a lot to catch up on from my last post. I have been off work since March 10th and we have decided that I will stay home until this little one arrives. I was a little apprehensive at first about taking that much time off...but I am starting to get used to being at home and I kind of like it! I will go back to work 12 weeks after Ashlyn is born, if we can bear to drop her off at daycare :( We have been visiting a lot of places and have narrowed it down to 2. We are on the waiting list for both places.

Let's see...what else has happened this month? I passed my gestational glucose test that screens for gestational diabetes. You have to drink a really sugary drink and then have your blood checked after an hour. I was happy that I passed because the next step is a 3 hour test that I have heard is not fun. I also found out that I am anemic and started taking an iron supplement and was given strict orders to eat more steak! That is pretty normal at this stage of pregnancy. I am going to the doctor every 2 weeks. Our check-ups have been pretty painless. I get weighed, measured and we hear the heartbeat. I made up for the weight I lost when I was in the hospital...plus some! I am still measuring a little big, but it is normal to be + or - 2 weeks. I haven't had any more bouts of kidney pain which I am very thankful about! I don't have as much energy as I used to, but I think that is because I was in bed for 2 weeks and the anemia doesn't help I am sure. I do what I can and rest when I need to, so it is manageable!

We have started getting the nursery ready. This required a storage unit and a u-haul truck to clear out the guest room! Thank goodness for strong friends. The crib should be delivered any day now and is beautiful! Ashlyn's great-grandma Sally splurged on it! I can't wait to see it. Nenna (Chance's mom) is busy making the bedding and I know it will be perfect. She is very talented! Ashlyn's mimi (my mom) is going to make her a quilt so she will have lots of special handmade items.

Ashlyn enjoyed her first 2 concerts...Bon Jovi and Red Monroe and even got to go to a Maverick's playoff game. She is a very busy baby (especially when I am laying down) and gets the hiccups a lot! We are getting very excited to meet this little one! We did a 3D sonogram at 28 weeks, but weren't able to get a very good picture of her face. She is so low and her head was turned down. We have several showers coming up during the month of May that we are looking forward to! Everyone has been so gracious and generous. We feel very loved :)

We didn't take a lot of pictures this month. Here is my 7 month shot and a pic of the bare belly! Whoa!!! Belly button is still in though :) I guess that is all for now! Thanks again for all of the continued thoughts and prayers! We appreciate all of our family and friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment