Monday, August 13, 2012

On demand

No, this is not a post about our pay per view on U-verse...this is about my change in thinking with our little guy.  With Ashlyn, I read Babywise and had a lot of success with their fairly rigid schedule...eat, play, sleep.  Not sure if I should credit Babywise or her stay in the NICU...but it worked very well for her.  I am finding that Paxton is a little different.  It has been very challenging to get him on a good schedule...partially because of his fussy tummy and inability to sleep well on his back and partially because we have been on the go a lot more with him because he has an older sister.  So I have decided to try a few new things.  For starters, I am weening him on to a hypoallergenic formula for about a week to see if that helps his tummy.  I am still pumping and plan on returning to primarily nursing/breastmilk bottles once I get it all figured out.  We are on day 3 of formula and I think it may be helping.  If this is the case, I will try and be even more strict about cutting out dairy.  And second, I am going to go with a more demand type schedule...I will feed him when he is hungry and he can sleep when he is tired.  I am quickly learning that no 2 kids are alike and what worked for Ashlyn may not work for him.  So I am going to give this a shot...wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment