Saturday, December 1, 2012

Deck the halls

I was determined we were going to have a Christmas tree this year even though all of our stuff was in storage.  We had a make shift tree and stockings last year in the loft but Ashlyn is old enough to "get it" this year.  So we loaded up and took a trip to storage.  It was like Christmas a month early.  I found all kinds of fun stuff...mostly stuff for Paxton! 
Ashlyn loved pushing Paxton around the storage facility
I put up the tree, lights and garland one night after Ashlyn went to bed.  That is the tedious, boring part that I didn't think she would enjoy.  She was very surprised to see our "Tee" when she woke up in the morning.
"Tee Momma"
That night when Chance got home from work we made homemade pizza and finished decorating the tree.  Ashlyn loved making the pizza!  And she loved looking at all of the ornaments.  Paxton cashed 'em in early and missed the fun.  Next year, I imagine, he will be right in the middle of it all!!  I can't wait!
 
Ashlyn loved snacking while we cooked 
Taking a serious snack break
Putting the star on the tree
Ashlyn hung these ornaments :)
We read "Elf on the Shelf" and named our elf.  Ashlyn named him "Red" but calls him "Blue"!  Cracks me up!
 
Kissing "Red" aka "Blue"
Our finished product!
(I think the camera is crooked, not the tree :)
Very proud of her tree
Ashlyn found "Blue" the first morning

No comments:

Post a Comment