Saturday, August 3, 2013

Last soccer game

Ashlyn had her last soccer game of her first season!  She scored a goal! I think the overall concensus is that she had a great time playing soccer.  She is definitely not the most aggressive soccer player, but she stayed on the field for the entire game, every game.  She even got to where she would run around in the "pack" chasing the ball.  When it was her turn to kickoff, she would slowly dribble down the field, but if anyone came near the ball as she was kicking it, it was there's!  I think we may skip the games next season and do a round of "soccer shots" where they learn more of the soccer basics.  She really doesn't even know what to do out there.  The next age group up (3-4's) is a lot more aggressive and fast paced.  She can play with the 2-3's for a while longer, but I think she may benefit more from the skills class.  We will see!  I'm just proud of her for getting out there and running around and scoring a few goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment