Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4th of July, 2 month check-up and Gpa turns 60!

Gosh...I haven't posted in a while. Lots of catching up to do!

Katie (Estes) Baughman stopped by to meet Ashlyn. She is pregnant with her 2nd child and is scheduled to have "her/him" on the 20th! Ashlyn and I think it is going to be a boy. Either way, it will be neat that they will be so close in age. It is so exciting how many friends Ashlyn will have to grow up with! She brought us the cutest bib and burp cloth, which is the perfect gift considering how much Ashlyn spits up! Katie and one of her friends started their own business making the cutest baby gifts. Check them out online if you need a creative gift!

http://www.mom-creations.com/

We spent the 4th of July at home this year...Ashlyn still hadn't had her shots and we weren't venturing out too much yet. Chance and I grilled out and "listened" to the fireworks. Next year we are going to go to Dublin and spend the 4th with the "T" Doyle's (hopefully)! Ashlyn did get to wear her 4th of July outfit and looked very cute in it! Mimi stopped by, so she got to show it off a little.


Raise your hand if you like fireworks!

"Mom, get this hat off me!"

We had a follow-up appointment with the Plastic Surgeon for the hemangioma. They were very pleased with the progress and are leaving the medicine dosage where it is for the time being. We were able to see the progression of pictures that they have been taking and it really is amazing! Since we dropped the dosage, we haven't noticed much change in the birthmark, but it definitely isn't getting worse.

I can't believe she is 2 months old already. Time sure does fly by! She is still eating 7-8 times a day (only taking 1 bottle a day). She sleeps between each feeding, usually for 1-2 hours. She is much more alert during her wake time. We do a lot of tummy time, she swings in her swing, we read books, take walks, run errands and are having a lot of fun with her. She sleeps in her princess crib during the day but still sleeps in her bassinet next to our bed at night. She sleeps between 4-5 hours at a time during the night, with usually one feeding. That extra sleep is really nice! She takes quite a lot of medicine, her hemangioma medicine 3 times a day and her reflux medicine 1 time a day plus her vitamins. That is a lot of medicine to try and keep down a baby with reflux! Here she is napping in her crib. The beautiful bumpers Nenna made have to come down while she sleeps in it. These are mesh bumpers that are breathable in case she rolls up against them. I don't think it will be long before she is moving all over the place...she is such a wiggle worm! This "outfit" she is wearing is called a SwaddlePod and is the best invention ever! She still likes to be swaddled, but is getting so strong she can get out of the blanket swaddles.

SwaddlePod



Ashlyn had her 2 month check-up with her Pediatrician. She weighed 7 lbs 15 1/2 ounces! Couldn't quite get to 8 lbs (shouldn't have had that blowout that morning!). She is 21 1/4 inches long. Her head measured 36 (not sure what the unit of measure was...cm????). She is still in the lowest percentiles, but that is because they are comparing her to full term 2 month old babies, not preemies. They have a preemie scale, but the Pediatrician is not using it for Ashlyn because 34 weeks is "not that premature". She had a great check-up and is definitely on track developmentally and growth wise. He started her on Prevacid to hopefully help the acid reflux, but we haven't really noticed a lot of improvement. She still spits up A LOT, but hopefully, it doesn't hurt and it isn't causing damage to her esophagus. He is very optimistic about her "flat head" and thinks we are definitely on the right track to getting it back in shape. He doesn't think she will need a helmet! Yay! She also had to get her 1st round of immunizations while we were there. She cried when the nurse gave them to her (I would too...she got 3...in her legs) but settled down very quickly. Daddy got to get a shot too!

Holding daddy's hand while she got her shots

After her shots

Pacifiers make it all better!

Daddy got a shot too.
He whined a lot more than his daughter did!

Chance had Ashlyn all to himself on Saturday for the first time (longer than a quick trip to the grocery store)! I went to Tyler for Grandpa B's memorial service. We thought it might be a little too much for Ashlyn. It was a very nice service at the cemetery. I was able to visit with everyone for a little while before rushing back to check on Chance. He did great! He is really an awesome dad! It is so fun to watch him with her. Makes my heart melt and I can tell she is going to be a daddy's girl! I think she already is!


We celebrated Gpa's 60th Birthday on Sunday. Ashlyn wore a special onesie just for the occasion. We are planning on taking a family portrait a little later in the year for his birthday present!




Chance made an excellent pecan pie for the b-day celebration!

Since she got her shots, we have been venturing out a little more. Our first family outing was to eat dinner. We had a gift card to Macaroni Grill so that was our first dining experience. Of course it started pouring rain as soon as we got in the car! She slept all through dinner and the downpour on the way to and from. I had my first solo outing with Ashlyn...and all of her stuff! She is no problem, but her "gear" is a little challenging to manage. I had a lesson in the living room on how to fold and unfold the stroller. Don't laugh...the thing came with a DVD! It was fitting that my first outing was back to the hospital where she was born. I had to return my pump I am not longer using. I felt like I was on candid camera trying to get her in her stroller. It took me about 10 minutes and it was 100 + degrees out! I was dripping set by the time I got it all together. We walked around and said hi to all of the people who took such good care of us while we were patients.

Dr. Sohn
(the doctor who delivered Ashlyn since my OB was out of town)

Ashlyn and I met my friend Cassie and her daughter Gwen for coffee this morning. Gwen and Ashlyn are less than 2 weeks apart. It was fun hanging out with them.

Gwen and Ashlyn

We had dinner with our old neighbors last night. They moved right after Ashlyn was born and hadn't gotten to meet her yet. It was nice to catching up with them!

Ashlyn and I surprised Chance at work today and took him to lunch. Here are a couple of pictures from that outing.





Well, I think that catches us up! Until next time...love and laughter from The Wimberly's!










2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/18/2010

    aww she is soo precious!! We cannot wait to celebrate the 4th with all of you next year :)

    thanks for the updates kristi... cant wait to meet ashlyn!!

    T.Doyles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Kristi!! :) Ashyln is beautiful. I can't believe how much she's grown. She's absolutely precious. Can't wait to see y'all again!!

    ReplyDelete