Monday, July 26, 2010

Sip & See and a busy week!

Ashlyn is smiling! In her sleep, while she is awake, at her mom, at her dad...it melts my heart and makes my day! She is also much more alert and spending more time awake. She is finding her voice and is chatting a lot when she is awake. She is tracking with her eyes and focuses on more objects. Her neck muscles are getting stronger and she is enjoying her tummy time. She can hold her head up, but it still isn't too steady. We are still battling acid reflux and she is having a difficult time sleeping, unless she is laying on top of one of us. We had a very busy week and are trying to get back on somewhat of a schedule and get her sleeping again!

Aunt Gayle and our cousins Debi and Michelle hosted a "Sip & See" for Ashlyn. It is a party where everyone comes and gets to meet Ashlyn! It was a lot of fun and good to see so many of our friends who hadn't met Ashlyn yet (and lots who had!). Once again, I am lacking pictures from this event. I brought my camera this time with good intentions of taking pictures. I pulled it out at the party and the battery was dead. So I took a couple with my phone.

Marie and Ashlyn

The hostesses
(Michelle, Debi and Gayle)

Aunt Gayle and Ashlyn

The Cousins!
(Michelle and Whitney, Kristin and Jules, Me and Ashlyn)

Swaim, Deck, Jennifer and Andrew (Baby Snow is due in September!)

The Williams Family
(Baby Williams is due in December...I think?)

The Landry's
(Teresa, Robert, Dillan and Brennan)

The Beckleman's
(Baby Beckleman is due in November)

We had a busy week! Sunday, we had lunch with Kristin and Jules before they left town. Ashlyn pretty much slept the whole time, but did wake up to take a bottle.


Lunch with Kristin and Jules

On Tuesday, we had a lunch date with her Great Grandma Sally. I pulled up to pick her up and she hopped right in the back seat. I chauffered the two of them around. Ashlyn slept the whole time. Sarah stopped by on Wednesday and hung out with us for a bit. We are enjoying having her close again. Thursday morning we met Cassie and Gwen for coffee. Ashlyn slept the whole time. Thursday evening we had dinner with Mimi and some of her co-workers. She was in town for a conference. Ashlyn pretty much slept the whole time except to eat! On Friday I took her up to my work to show her off! Then we surprised Gpa at his office. He got to show off his granddaughter. Then we had lunch with Gpa, Gma and Auntie Sarah. Ashlyn pretty much slept the whole time (are you sensing a theme?). Ashlyn sleeps very well in loud, busy environments. Put her in her crib and she is wide awake!

Saturday was a big day for me. It was my first day back to work in 4 1/2 months! I am going to work some Saturdays until I go back full-time in September. Ashlyn got to stay with her daddy all day! They survived...but I think it was harder on me to be away from her that long. It felt good to be back at work because I really do love my job! I knew she was in good hands.

Standing with Daddy

On Sunday, we had brunch with Grandma Sally and we got to spend the afternoon with her. Ashlyn was wide awake and played for over an hour.

Holding Grandma Sally's finger

Grandma Sally loves her hands and feet

Playing with Grandma Sally

So after a very busy week, we were a little off schedule. We have very few plans this week and we are going to try to get back into a routine. We are looking forward to Ryan's (Jessi's daughter) 1st Birthday party on Saturday. Ashlyn will be wearing her bikini (if her dad will let her).

Katie Baughman had her baby last week. Welcome Brady Baughman. Ashlyn and I were right...it's a boy! Mom and baby are home and doing well. We can't wait to meet him!

Here are a few pictures from this week. I still can't quite figure out how to post a video. I'll keep working on it. Enjoy!


Loves being naked!

So sweet!


My Moby Wrap
(I LOVE this thing and so does Miss Mae)

Future Red Raider
(or kangaroo...the kangaroo sign is just harder to make)

Snuggling with Daddy at lunch


Her clothes are still a little big, but we wear them anyway!

Admiring one of her bathrobes

Bundled up after her bath.
Thanks for my towel Emily!

Pretty girl!

Asleep in her Moby Wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment