Friday, February 4, 2011

Ice and Snow DayS(week)!

This has been one wintry week! It started Tuesday and really hasn't let up. We all stayed home Tuesday because there was a layer of ice all across Dallas. We all hung out in our jammies, made stew and did some stuff around the house. I made a lot of baby food for Ashlyn in the Vitamix. If I did my math correctly, I made almost $40 of baby food for less than $10 (and that was even using organic produce)! I really think we will enjoy our Christmas present and we will all eat healthier because of it. Wednesday and Thursday I ventured to work...because in the health care field, you don't get many snow days! The roads were still pretty slick, but manageable. Chance worked from home and kept Ashlyn. Thursday night around midnight we ended up with about 6 inches of snow! Snow on top of ice makes for pretty treacherous driving conditions. So I got another snow day! 2 snow days in one week is pretty unheard of for a hospital...in fact I haven't had one since I have been working there! We bundled up today and went outside for a little bit to let Ashlyn see the snow. The dogs enjoyed playing in it too...for a little while. We were supposed to go to Emory this weekend and go to Canton and watch the Superbowl. We decided to postpone our trip until tomorrow afternoon once things thaw out a little. So, here's to another day in our jammies! Happy snow day!



No comments:

Post a Comment