Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy,
From the moment I was born I knew you would always take good care of me. You were right there, the first person I saw. You were by my side when they wheeled me down to the NICU. That first night, you barely left my side. Those 3 long weeks I was in the NICU, you held me every moment you could. You bathed me, fed me, changed me and loved me...all without hesitation. You were a natural. When you brought me home, you worried day and night about my health and well being. You searched high and low to make sure I had the best possible care. You spent almost 3 months at home with me...juggling work, coordinating my care with family members, never missing a dose of my very important medicine, taking me to doctors appointments...you were a rock! When it was time to go to school, only the best would do. I love our mornings we get to spend together. Waking up, to have you snuggle me, feed me, sing silly songs, do silly dances just to make me smile. I know it isn't easy, but you don't miss a beat. We have spent many, many nights cuddling in the chair when I was sick or just having trouble falling asleep. Everyone says I look just like you, we even tricked a few people with our baby pictures! I am proud to have you as my daddy and I look forward to celebrating many more Father's Days with you. I LOVE YOU!

Love & Laughter,
Your peanut-Ashlyn Mae

PS...Here is a little something I put together of you and me!  Hope you like it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment