Already a month old? I can't believe it! It has been a wonderful month with our sweet baby boy. We are getting settled into somewhat of a routine. Here is a little update on my main man at 1 month!
The Pax Facts...
Stats: I have no idea how long he is because we didn't have a 1 month check-up. I do know that he weighed 11 lbs at 1 month! Holy moly he is growing like a weed! His eyes are still blue but are very dark. They seem like they will change to a brownish/hazel eventually. He has a lot of dark brown hair, but it seems like it may be lightening a little. His hands and feet are pretty big!
Wears: Size 1 diapers and 0-3 months clothes (mostly onesies because it is so hot!)
Eats: Mostly ever 3 hours throughout the day, but sometimes gets a little rumbly in the tumbly and has to have a snack early. At night he sometimes can stretch it out 4 hours. I am mostly nursing him, but he does take a bottle on occasion...and by occasion I mean when I would like to have a second glass of wine or go to bed early! He went through a period of lots of spitting up after feedings. With a little help from the lactation consultant we figured out I was over feeding him! Let's just say I could feed a small village of children with my milk production. With that being said, I am getting a fairly good stock in our freezer! He has a very gassy tummy that gives him lots of trouble. The gas drops seem like they may help a little, but it is really hard to say.
Sleeps: He usually sleeps a little between each feeding, but sometimes will skip a nap (usually in the morning or early evening). He isn't the greatest sleeper because he does not like laying flat on his back. He will sleep all day if he is being held or in the car or stroller (once he falls asleep). During the day he sleeps in his crib or pack-n-play if we are home and at night he sleeps in the co-sleeper in our room. I don't think he will be in the co-sleeper very long because 1. he will outgrow it and 2. he is very noisy at night! I think we both might sleep better if he is in his own crib. Just want him to get a little older then we may make the move. It seems like he sleeps better at night if he is swaddled, but he usually ends up sleeping on top of me after his early morning (3-4 am) feeding.
Other fun facts: He LOVES being outside! I mean LOVES it! When all else fails during his fussy times we head outside. His fussy times are usually from 9-10 in the morning and then from 5-8ish at night. If he gets too worked up, he can be hard to soothe, but we have found a few things that work (a prolonged bath, the vacuum or dust buster or sometimes rocking in the chair). The key is trying to keep him full and happy during those times so he doesn't get too upset. He smiles a lot while he is sleeping and sometimes makes other faces too (scared or sad). He makes the cute little owl/fishy/kissy face that Ashlyn used to make when she was his age. He stretches when he wakes up, but not as much as Ashlyn did. He does not like: being cold after a bath, being in the same place for too long when he is awake (unless that place is in someone's arms), having his diaper changed, cold wipes, getting strapped into his car seat, having his meal interrupted for burping or having a wet diaper. He is a little high maintenance (like his daddy :). He is very strong and his little legs are constantly moving. He can turn his head from side to side and is starting to be able to hold it up with less assistance. He coos and giggles already! He focuses on lights and fans and will sometimes tune into the TV. He tolerates tummy time for about 5 minutes and then has had enough. He is a very sweet boy and loves to snuggle. We are so blessed to have him in our life! We love you Paxton Doyle! You are a spunky little thing!
![]() |
| Owl/fishy/kissy face! |
![]() |
| The best big sis! |





No comments:
Post a Comment