I can't believe in one month I will be writing a 1/2 birthday update! Time is flying with our little man! He melts my heart more and more every day! Here is what he has been up to...
The Pax Facts:
Stats-No well check-up this month, but he weighed 15 lbs and 12 ounces at 4 1/2 months.
Eats-Still eating mostly breast milk. I substitute a little soy formula on the days that I work. He was eating every 2-3 hours around the clock until about 4 1/2 months. Then he started going longer stretches at night. He has even made it through the night a few times! When he takes a bottle, he drinks 6 ounces. He is still taking Prevacid for his reflux and still appears to be sensitive to dairy in my diet. No solids yet!
Wears-Size 3 diapers, size 3-6 months clothes and size 2 shoes (I think!)...he still hasn't had a pair of shoes on his feet! I bought a pair of crib shoes and they are size 2...but are a little big.
Sleeps-He is finally going longer stretches at night! He usually goes to bed around 8 and may wake up once or twice to eat during the night and then he is up for good around 7:30. He is getting better at soothing himself when he wakes up at night. Amazingly, he can find his pacifier in his crib and put it in his mouth! I credit the "wub-a-nub" (aka pacifrog) for this accomplishment. I think this is pretty awesome for his age! He also prefers to sleep on his side or tummy when he is in his crib. His naps are still pretty sporadic. He usually naps for about an hour in the morning in his crib if we are home or the car seat or moby wrap if we are out and about. His afternoon nap starts in his crib and usually ends up in my arms. I don't mind the snuggle time :) He will sleep all day if he is being held! He may or may not take one more cat nap in the evenings. He still fights sleep like crazy and is a VERY light sleeper!
What else is new this month-He is rolling all over the place! He does not stay in one place for very long. He can get his toes in his mouth and this makes him a very happy guy! I swear he is teething, but nothing has popped through yet. Everything goes in his mouth and he is a drooler! He is very vocal (has been since he was born) and his favorite thing to babble is "da da da da"! Loves-His sister! He is pretty crazy about her. When he is fussy, no one can cheer him up like she does! If she is in the room, his eyes are on her. He also likes balls, things that make noise, watching TV (this boy LOVES TV), Sophie the giraffe, petting Mazzy, pulling my hair/necklace, putting everything in his mouth, snuggling in the moby wrap, being outside, spitting up immediately following a bath or an outfit change, napping while being held, being in the mix of things, being tickled, bathtime, car rides, looking in the mirror and attempting to hold his own bottle. Not so crazy about-being in one place for too long, anything that delays his next meal, getting strapped into his car seat, stopping at lights or being stuck in traffic. This boy wants to be on the move! His hair is a light brown and is getting a little thicker. His eyes are turning brown. He used to be my mini-me (or at least me as a newborn) but now that he is getting a little older and I saw a few pictures of Chance at his age, I think he is starting to look more like his daddy. And I think he and Ashlyn are starting to look more alike. What do you think? They are crazy about each other and we are crazy about them! Life is good great :)
Best buds
Some new tricks this month
Some out takes from our photo shoot.
His arms and legs never stop moving!
And a couple cute ones from my phone
No comments:
Post a Comment