Friday, November 9, 2012

2 1/2

Miss Mae at 2 1/2...weighs somewhere around 25 or 26 pounds.  I have no idea how tall she is, but I know she has had a few growth spurts recently because she can now hit her head on things she couldn't reach before and her clothes are getting too short!  She wears size 24 month clothing (2T is a little too big),  size 5 shoe and size 4 diaper.  Her hair is sandy blonde and her eyes are still blue, but are getting a darker, more hazel color.  Her bedtime is somewhere around 8 and she gets up between 7 and 8.  She usually takes about a 2 hour nap in the afternoons.  Her vocabulary is really picking up and there really isn't anything she can't get across.  If she can't say a word she uses associations, context clues or charades!  If we ever play charades, I want this chick on my team!  

Some of her favorites right now...the word of the day is "B"!  Most of her favorite things start with B...balls, bubbles, balloons, babies, her brother, Barbies, bananas, bread, the color blue, buses, "bites" (bugs), books, "BeBoat" (Big Red Boat...A Wiggles video), her boots and bath time.  

Other things she likes (that don't start with B)...Mazzy, being outside, the number 2, yogurt, skipping, jumping, running, playgrounds, airplanes, story time at the library, her doctor's kit, rocks, moving her stool around the apartment to turn lights on and off, helping do laundry, "eyes" (sunglasses), paper products (paper towels, kleenex, toilet paper, wipes), she loves stacking things, playing with water, her vitamins, apple juice, PB&J, helping cook dinner, ice, feeding the dogs, Minnie Mouse, phones...I could go on for days!  

A few other funny things about Ashlyn at this age:  She does roll call any time we go anywhere or talk about going anywhere...just to see who will be joining us.  When we get to our destination she always says "I walk".  If I say "no", then she says "I skip"... and I say "no", "I run".  She calls wine "mommy's milk" and beer "daddy's milk".  If she wants to do something or has done something she says "I do it" for both.  If she wants to find something (usually a bus while we are driving) she says "Wet's wook" (let's look)...also her cue to find her when she is hiding.  When she doesn't get her way or she is mad about something she quickly surveys her surroundings then jumps up and lands on her bottom with her legs bent underneath her.  She makes sure she has somewhere soft to land.  And on a few occasions she has purposely banged her head on the floor (when she is on carpet).  That is usually the extent of her temper tantrums.  We have been using time out for discipline lately and she stands in the entry way for 2 minutes.  She loves to say prayers at night and Aunt Rah Rah always tops the list!  When she wakes up in the morning, the first thing she asks is "baby up?" She is an awesome daughter and an amazing big sister!  
Ashlyn Mae, you are incredible!
We love you Peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment