They had a face painter at the St Patty 's Day party we went to this weekend. Ashlyn has had her face painted once before but for some reason she was very apprehensive about doing it again. I walked her over to the lady's station and asked her if she want to have her face painted. She said "no" so we walked away. We went back a few times and just watched and I let her look at the board with all of the options. I pointed out a heart that I thought was really cute, but she still said she didn't want to do it. I didn't push her at all and we just went on our way. About 30 minutes later all of the littler kids were having a few minutes in the bounce house to themselves without the bigger kids. Ashlyn had been bouncing and sliding and then I didn't see her for a few minutes. I wandered into the house to look for her and this is where I found her!!!
It literally brought tears to my eyes! If you are reading this blog it is because you are most likely family or a good friend and know that Ashlyn can be very shy in new situations or settings and it takes her a little while to warm up. The fact that she went inside, by herself and decided to get her face painted was so incredible to me! She was so brave because she had been a little apprehensive about it initially. The lady who was painting the faces was so kind and also made a big deal about how proud she of her and how her son was shy growing up and Ashlyn reminder her of him! She said there wasn't a line and Ashlyn walked up and just stood there. She asked her if she would like her face painted and Ashlyn nodded her head yes and pointed to the heart I had showed her earlier! I was so proud of my little peanut! And this lady was awesome! Thank you Lilia!



No comments:
Post a Comment