On Wednesday we had brunch with Stephanie and Sarah, our NICU "roommates". They are both doing well. Sarah and Ashlyn are just about the same size and doing the same types of things. Ashlyn decided to have a major blowout over breakfast and then realized she was starving so our departure was rather abrupt. I forgot to take a picture as we were leaving. Next time, I guess.




Thursday evening we went over to our good friends, The Ivie's, house for dinner. The had a huge tree fall through their roof the night before during a thunderstorm. They were still the most gracious hosts and their house looked great! Chris spent all day cleaning up the huge tree. I stole a picture from their blog so you can see what an ordeal it was. He still managed to put together an awesome spread of homemade pizzas! I stole these pictures of Ryan and Ashlyn from their blog as well (I told you I was horrible with the camera this week!). They are going to have so much fun growing up together and little Ivie #2 will be right behind them. Jessi is looking great and is feeling much better, thank goodness! She is almost halfway there!
The tree fell on the roof right above Ryan's room!
"Hi, Ashlyn!"
"Mommy, can she play?"
BFF's
On Friday, Ashlyn and I met Cassie and Gwen for probably our last Friday morning coffee (unless I play hooky from work one day)! It is so much fun having so many friends who have babies almost the same age as Ashlyn! After coffee, we had lunch with Great Grandma Sally at her clubhouse.
Saturday, I went to work and Chance stayed home with Ashlyn. He also tackled one of the biggest solo outings yet. He took Ashlyn and both dogs to a mobile vet clinic for the dogs to get their annual shots! Just taking our 2 hyenas out solo is impressive, but with a baby in tow...that takes the cake! Saturday evening, we met Cassie and her husband Shawn and Gwen and Beth (an OT at Zale) and her husband Jeff and their 2 boys Braiden and Jace out for dinner at a really cute pub in downtown Plano. It was a lot of fun, and we went early to beat the crowd. When we showed up with 3 babies and a toddler, the hostess said, "Oh...we only have 3 highchairs!" The guys watched college football and us gals chit chatted with the babies. It was fun!
Sunday we had brunch with Mimi and Great Grandma Sally. Ashlyn loves being pushed around in her stroller by Grandma Sally. We had a nice time and then snuck in an afternoon nap (well, Ashlyn did) before Gpa, Gma and Sarah came over to watch the Texas Tech football game. Gpa brought Ashlyn her 1st bouquet of flowers and she also got a really cute new outfit...her first pair of blue jeans and pea coat! Too cute! We had some appetizers and watched the Red Raiders (barely) beat SMU. It was Ashlyn's first Tech football game to watch so she had to wear her TT onesie...again...no pictures :(
Labor Day was uneventful...I actually went to work and Chance and Ashlyn hung out at home. We grilled out and had a relaxing evening.
And today, Ashlyn and I met Emily and her two boys, Gabriel and Andres and Abby and her son, Walker out for lunch. We met at Chick-fil-a so the boys could play and we could catch up! It was POURING rain when I got there, so managing Ashlyn in her car seat, a diaper bag and an huge golf umbrella was quite a challenge. Thank goodness for the gentleman that held the door for me. It is probably best I didn't have my camera for this gathering...I was drenched!
While I didn't have my camera for our fun outings, we did snap some very cute pictures just hanging out around the house. Here are a couple of my favorites!

Loving on her bunny

One of my favorites!
Gwen taught Ashlyn how to suck her thumb and she has been working on it!
She is all smiles and laughs these days!

All that laughing really takes it out of you!
We don't have many plans for the rest of this week or weekend. We are just going to lay low and I am going to soak up every last minute I have with my little miss Mae before I have to go back to work full time next week :(
Coming soon...4 month update and pictures and a video montage of pictures I have been putting together!
Love and laughter to all!

No comments:
Post a Comment