Sunday, September 19, 2010

Surviving my first week back

Well, I survived my first week back to work full-time. Monday was hard. I cried when I woke up, I cried after I fed her, I cried when I kissed her goodbye, I cried on my way to work...I was a ball bag on Monday! I didn't want to be at work. I couldn't focus on my patients. All I could think about was Ashlyn. Tuesday was a little easier. I only cried once before I left. But then I was thinking, "what is wrong with me? why am I not crying all day? am I a bad mother?" Each night when I got home from work I would sanitize myself and then snuggle with Ashlyn and take a power nap! I would feed her around 9 and try to be in bed by 10, but that rarely happened. By Friday I was so tired, I couldn't see or think straight! When I left work on Friday, I thought, "I made it! I did it!" But then I remembered that I have to do it again next week. And the week after that. Being a working mom isn't going to be my favorite thing. But I am going to give it a shot.

Ashlyn stayed at home with her Daddy this week. I only called to check on them every chance I had...and then some. Chance flooded me with photos. Here are the pictures I received this week while I was at work!











2 comments:

  1. Jessi Ivie9/20/2010

    Love this sweet pea! Looks like she had a good week with her daddy! I feel so happy that I got such good snuggle time with her Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete