She still sleeps in the co-sleeper next to our bed at night, mostly because we like having her so close. We will be making the move to the princess bed sometime soon. She naps in her nap nanny, her pack-n-play or her crib during the day. Our family has been helping out and taking turns babysitting Ashlyn during the days until we get into a day school. Believe it or not, we got on the waiting lists back in January! We are hoping to get into Dealey Developmental Day school by the end of October.
Ashlyn received her first round of Synagis, the monthly shot for RSV. It is basically an immune booster to help prevent her from getting RSV which could be very dangerous for her preemie lungs! Ashlyn has started rolling over and actually rolled from her back to her tummy for the first time the other evening while I was getting her ready for her bath...yes, on the tile floor! Fortunately, I was standing right there and scooped her up before she banged her head on the hard tile! Her head control is so much better and she is getting so much stronger. She loves to stand up (with lots of help of course) and really doesn't like to be facing in. She wants to look out and see the world! She has begun reaching for toys that are within her grasp. She isn't crazy about tummy time, although she is getting much stronger and can stay propped up on her arms while she looks around. She smiles all of the time and even chuckles on occasion. It is the sweetest sound I have ever heard. She is making all kinds of noises, coos, goos, ooogooo's, grunts, growls, aaahhs, haaa's and I think her first word was elephant! Neena bought her "Your baby can read" and I swear she said elephant...advanced...I know :)
She is an amazingly good baby. We truly are blessed. We hope to stay healthy through this winter and are looking forward to the upcoming holidays with our little angel. Here are her 5 month pictures and some other recent pictures!

5 months old!






Awww....happy 5-month birthday sweet girl!! She is so pretty! I love the updates and pics, Kristi!
ReplyDelete