Sunday, October 24, 2010

My first night away from Ashlyn

Last night I spent my first night away from Ashlyn since we brought her home from the hospital. It was my 10 year reunion at Austin College and I went to Sherman with my girlfriends. I was a little anxious about leaving Ashlyn over night, but I knew she was in good hands...her daddy's! We left around 1 pm, just in time to drive through a torrential downpour pretty much the entire way to Sherman. We met all of the gals at Cellarman's. The weather wasn't cooperating and rained out most of the afternoon's activities...tailgaiting, football/soccer games, strolling around campus. So, what a better way to spend the afternoon with good friends drinking bloody mary's! We went to City Limits for dinner (the old bar and grill I worked at for 3 years in college). It seems like time stands still in that place...same menu, same red checked table clothes, same beer on tap! After dinner we stopped by the 10 year reunion. My favorite part of the evening was spent wandering around the campus (in the dark) and reminiscing. We actually snuck into Clyce Hall, the dorm we spent 3 years of our lives! Good memories. We stopped back by Cellarman's before shutting it down for the evening. My little eyes popped open at 5:30 and I tossed and turned for an hour before getting up. We were on the road by 7 and home by 8 before Ashlyn woke up! Ashlyn and her daddy spent the afternoon evening watching college football and eating pizza (and drinking milk). Many phone calls were made, text messages sent and pictures taken to keep me pacified throughout the day. It was good to see the gals, but it was great to be back home! Here are pictures from the reunion and some that Chance sent me while I was gone. Thank goodness for iPhones!

The gang at City Limits

Post college roomies
Me, Kourt & Nic

The Lovely Ladies of Clyce

Class of 2000!

Emily, me & Kourtny at City Limits

Amy and Charlotte (8 weeks)

The Argentina Crew
Me, Jeff & Emily

Flipping through old yearbooks at the reunion
Me, Peeps & Carolyn


A giraffe for a snack

Playing

Smiles

Mazzy checking on Ashlyn


On the monitor, sound asleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment