Saturday we stopped by Kally and Meredith's shower for a little while and then headed to Arlington to hang out for the weekend. We watched some college football and had a nice dinner. Sunday morning we were up early for church. Ashlyn did really well in church and only fussed a little bit as she was trying to fall asleep. We headed out for brunch after church. Sunday afternoon was lazy! We napped a little and tried out the new hot tub...I think we will all really enjoy using it! Sunday evening, Dave and Pat came over for a yummy steak dinner to celebrate Sarah's birthday.
Ashlyn spent a lot of time in Mimi's arms. Some of my favorite comments from the weekend, From Mimi, "I really would like to help, but I have to hold Ashlyn." "How am I going to get on the plane with her?" "Is she awake?" (as Mimi pulls on her leg to wake her up) "I guess I will eat now that I am free from my burden" (Mimi after not moving an inch as Ashlyn napped in her arms...for 2 hours!) "I think she wants me" (anytime Ashlyn would make a peep) From Papa "Anything else and she would be sore for a week" " You have to be able to eat when this is over" (Both comments referring to Mimi holding Ashlyn completely still for her 2 hour nap).
It was a wonderful weekend! Here are some pictures.
The 2 hour nap!



Are you sensing a theme yet? Mimi's arms were pretty full all weekend!


Playing with Aunt Sarah

Asleep on Aunt Sarah













No comments:
Post a Comment