Friday, April 22, 2011

Stop me before I volunteer again!

Well, theoretically, I didn't volunteer this time.  I was asked to be the room mom for Ashlyn's class at school and I couldn't say no.  I wanted to say no because it seems like we have so much going on, but I didn't so now I am the room mom for class 6...and so it begins!  Oh yeah...and so do the "crafts"!  I've had to make a couple of things for Ashlyn's school already.  A paper doll Ashlyn and an Easter egg.  I solicited a little help on the paper doll and I do have to admit, hers was the cutest on the wall!  Thanks Aunt T!  Here are some pictures of the crafts for school.




So my first "event" I organized was a little Easter party for the class.  "A tisket a tasket let's fill the Easter basket" was the theme.  All of the kids (read: moms) brought an Easter basket and a little goodie for the other kids in the class.  I was going to put up a sign-up sheet for the other party items, treats, punch, plates, napkins, cups...you know...all of that stuff.  But I kind of lost track of time so Tuesday night before the big party I was out shopping for all of the party stuff...in the rain.  I was really worried that no one would show up to my first event as room mom.  I was going to be a room mom failure!  Maybe the stress of this first party as the room mom threw me into a tailspin!  No...literally...I woke up at 4 am the day of the party with VERTIGO!  Seriously??  I stumbled through the day and left work early for the Easter party.  When I got to her classroom, her teachers had already started setting up a little table and several moms had left their child's baskets and goodies to share that morning.  Whew...a little sigh of relief...it wasn't just going to be me and Ashlyn sitting around eating cupcakes!  At 3:00 on the dot...lots of moms showed up!  All but 1 to be exact (and the 1 kid who was out of town)!  AND MY WONDERFUL AND SUPPORTIVE HUSBAND!  Chance was the only dad there, but he didn't have a choice.  I begged him to come...I was really worried no one else was going to show and I needed someone there to lean on...no really...I could hardly stand up!  The party was a huge success...all of the moms were so impressed and we so generous and offered to help with future events!  It was really nice to meet the moms of all of the kids I see everyday!  We had a great time making Easter baskets and visiting.  As soon as the party was over, I went to the doctor.  And I didn't get out of bed for the next 36 hours...vertigo is no joke!  But that is for another post.  Enjoy the pics from my first party as room mom! I better get off this blog and get to work...teacher appreciation week is 1 week away....AH!

Ashlyn and Olivia

Evan and Olivia and their  moms
Jacob and his grandmother



Olivia and her mom
Ashlyn loved this shaker



Tommy and his mom




Ashlyn's crib is the one in the corner
She held that shaker the entire party!
All of the kids and their moms!

Ashlyn loves to give kisses...working on closing the lips!

The Gang from Class 6
Love this picture of Tommy with the whale in his mouth
We tried to get a shot with Ms. Lydia, but didn't quite get it

No comments:

Post a Comment