Sunday, July 3, 2011

Transitioning?!?!?!

AHHHHH!!!  While I was cleaning up from the party at Ashlyn's school on Friday, I just casually asked Ms. Tomika who would be the next kids transitioning to the toddler classroom.  I was assuming Sailee and Noah because they are both walking.  She looked at me with a slight smile/frown and looked down at Ashlyn and said "your baby is the oldest one in the class!  Sailee will probably move next then Ashlyn."  My response was "But Ashlyn's not walking yet!".  Apparently they don't have to be walking to begin transitioning!!  I know she will do fine, but those other kids just seem so much older and bigger than her!  I guess it will be a good thing for her but it just reminds me how quickly she is growing up.  It is hard to imagine that she won't be in "the baby" room anymore :(.  We have gotten so comfortable with Ms. Lydia and Ms. Tomika and trust that they are taking good care of her.  I know her new teachers will be just as wonderful, but I get a lump in my throat when I think about having to drop her off with strangers again.  The transitioning program is nice...they spend about 2 weeks going back and forth between their old and new classroom to help get them adjusted.  When they get to the toddler room they are expected to eat all of the school food, drink from a cup and sleep on a mat for naptime!  That should be interesting!  I will update as we begin the transitioning process.  Prayers for wonderful teachers and a smooth transition (for mommy too) would be appreciated!  Our baby is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment