We had a little excitement at the apartment last night! I was in bed with Ashlyn trying to get her to sleep when the fire alarm went off. I thought it was just our smoke detector...maybe a low battery or something but when I walked out into the hallway I realized it was the alarm for the complex. Chance and I walked outside. He went one direction and I went the other. I saw water pouring out from underneath our neighbor's garage. He was coming down the stairs and ran over to the garage. He tried to lift the garage door up, but it wouldn't open. It opened just enough for smoke to pour out. He ran around and went in through the other door and his car was on fire! It was pretty crazy. The sprinklers were going off and the entire garage was filled with smoke. Chance and our other neighbor we grabbing fire extinguishers and the three of them were trying to get the fire out. I grabbed the kids and we sat in truck. 5 fire trucks showed up. I was worried the car was going to explode! After about an hour, they cleared the building and let us all go back in side. An exciting Saturday night!
![]() |
| So glad I was wearing matching jammies |
![]() |
| Paxton slept through the ENTIRE thing! |
![]() |
| Ashlyn finally fell asleep after they "reset" the alarms |




No comments:
Post a Comment