Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Colic
Paxton's general fussiness has basically come down to colic! He has a very gassy tummy that gives him a lot of trouble. He is not comfortable on his back making sleeping difficult. He doesn't really sleep in the swing or infant seat...he prefers to sleep on top of me or being held. He has his fussy times of the day...sometimes in the morning and usually in the evenings. Or somedays we have a pretty good day with very little fussing or somedays he is fussy all day! Those are the days I have a second glass of wine :) The good news is that colic doesn't last forever. We are almost halfway through it as it usually resolves around 3 or 4 months. I makes me so sad when I can't do anything to soothe my sweet baby...it is very frustrating! There are a few things that tend to soothe him more quickly than others. He loves to be outside. When all else fails, I will go outside on our patio and sit in one of the chairs for a while. Walking outside usually soothes him instantly. The vacuum cleaner and dustbuster have worked as well. Sometimes nursing him helps but other times he just pulls off, screaming. We are trying a few other things to see if they help. I have eliminated dairy from my diet to see if he may have a dairy sensitivity or intolerance and we also are going to try Prevacid to see if he may have acid reflux. They really don't know what colic is, what causes it or how to cure it! It is basically a diagnosis for a fussy baby when pretty much everything else has been excluded! He is still the sweetest little guy in the whole world...fussy or not!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment