We have been planning on sending Ashlyn to daycare since before she was born. It has always been the plan that we would both continue working. We did a lot of research, visited MANY facilities and got on numerous waiting lists. We held out 2 months longer that initially planned for our top choice of day schools. So why is it when our spot finally became available I was heartbroken? Every week when I would call the admission coordinator to check on our "spot", I was secretly happy that it wasn't available! Yes, we had been scrambling every day, every week to find someone to care for Ashlyn, but with the awesome support of our family and 2 very understanding jobs we were able to do it. Well, December 13 reality set in and we had to drop our precious angel off with complete strangers and trust that they were going to take care of her. It wasn't easy...let me tell you. It is a very uneasy feeling trusting them to keep her safe and protect her they way we have been for 7 months (+34 weeks) now. But we all survived and I know each day will get easier. Miss Lydia, Miss Mona and Miss Tomeka are wonderful and do take very good care of our baby. (And yes, I call it school. It makes me feel better sending her to "school" than "daycare"...humor me :)

Ashlyn and Miss Lydia on her first day of school

2 tearful parents leaving our baby at school!
No comments:
Post a Comment