Thursday, December 30, 2010
Barf at 12 am = not cool
I guess we are pretty lucky that we made it almost 8 months with no sickness! I knew our luck would change now that we started school. I just wasn't sure how long it would take. Ashlyn started out with a stuffy nose a few days before Christmas, but never really acted sick or had a fever. I put her to bed last night as usual (after our shower/freezer routine and with a humidifier going) around 8. I went to be around 11 and was just almost asleep when I heard an unfamiliar noise...I mean it sounded familiar, but not quite with such force or volume!! I turned over and saw that Ashlyn had thrown up! A LOT! Peas and carrots...not pretty. I kind of freaked at first because it was everywhere and I was worried she couldn't breath because she was already stuffy and now she had barf coming out of her nose. So we suctioned her nose and got her cleaned up. Checked her temperature and it was 101.5! This was her first fever :( Since she had never had fever, I wasn't sure what to do. I called the advice nurse and she gave us step by step instructions on what to do for the fever and the vomiting. She was very patient and reassuring. So we gave her Tylenol as instructed and she gagged on it and threw up again! EVERYWHERE! All over our sheets and comforter...all over her hair...all over us! It was another mess! So we gave her a quick bath to get her cleaned up and then I held her in the chair and she slept while Chance cleaned up the mess! We took her to the doctor in the morning just to get checked out and he thought it was mostly like a viral bug that will just run its course. Her ears and lungs were clear and her fever had gone down. She spent the rest of the day snuggling with daddy and I went in to work. It was a long night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment