Stats from Ashlyn's 15 month check-up
Weight 20 lbs 4 ounces (20%)
Height 30 1/4 inches (50%)
Head circumference 45.6 cm (50%)
We had a great check-up with our pediatrician. Ashlyn got 2 shots (we are still playing catch up from her 12 month shots). Overall, she got a really good report. I had lots of questions (as usual)...Dr. Yaeger is so patient and wonderful...he went through my whole list with me!
So what's new since her 12 month check-up?
Eats-3 meals a day and 2-3 snacks. Breakfast is at home with daddy then she has lunch and 2 snacks at school. Dinner is usually around 6 when we get home. She drinks water and milk throughout the day and a sippy cup of milk before bed. Some of her favorite food right now are blueberries, raisins, applesauce, yogurt, chicken nuggets, string cheese, black beans, tomatoes and avocados. We really need to push more veggies! She uses sippy cups the majority of the time...occasionally we (read daddy) give her a bottle if she is fussy or hasn't eaten well that day. She drinks a little juice, but prefers milk and water. I really can't think of too many things that she doesn't like to eat. She still smells most things and will stick her tongue out to taste it before committing to a whole bite!
Sleeps-bedtime is 8 and she sleeps through the nite until 7. Yes, wake-up time is coming earlier and earlier...especially in the loft where she can hear the dogs "tap dancing" around. At home she will nap for an hour in the late morning and then for 1.5-2 hours in the afternoon. At school we are lucky to get an hour nap, but sometimes she will surprise me with a 2 hour nap. She still catches cat naps when she can in the car.
Wears-mostly size 12 month but can still squeeze into some 9 month stuff (if it is really cute)! She wears size 4 diapers and size 3 shoes. Her feet are very petite!
Medicine-we are still taking a very small dose, 0.3 mg, of propranolol daily. This is a VERY small dose considering she has been on the medicine since she was 6 weeks old and weighed 6 lbs. She was taking 0.6 mg 3x/day then! We had a check up with Dr. Burns last month. He is very pleased with her hemangioma, but wants to start laser treatments a little earlier than anticipated (I think I posted about that appointment earlier). The good news is that since we just finished round 4 of antibiotics for ear infections and are on the verge of an appointment with the ENT to discuss placing tubes...they could possibly put the tubes in while she is sedated for the laser treatment! It would take a little coordination, but can be done!
![]() |
| Standard photo shoot when we visit Dr. Burns |
What's been going on since 12 months-LOTS! I will intertwine photos where I can! New teeth. She now has 8 with a few molars trying to pop through. More hair that is still very light (sandy blonde) and slightly curly. It is almost long enough for bows and barrettes. She has mastered the straw which is very helpful for dining out...which we have been doing a lot of lately during the move!

I think she officially has a nickname...peanut seems to have stuck and when I received this text from The Rangers game, I knew there was no going back.
Hows?
I have always been relieved that she isn't a climber. Maybe it was just too soon. This is a new trick since we moved into the loft. Thanks for the chair Aunt Nay Nay and Uncle Bubba (yes, John is an uncle bubba too!)
She loves to pull on noses, put her fingers in your mouth, touch your teeth, put her fingers in your ears and belly button! She doesn't know them by name yet...but she is definitely intrigued!
Signing! She consistently and appropriately signs more and is starting to sign milk. Here is her sign for more (pretty close)! We are working on please and thank you!
We are working on feeding herself...with a spoon. This is a pretty big accomplishment and she is starting to be able to actually scoop food onto the spoon and make it to her mouth. And she doesn't dump the plate as soon as I set it in front of her. She also is feeding herself more and the dogs less. And she isn't tossing quite so much on the floor. She can also manage the sippy cup. It is so funny to watch her get to the bottom...she tips her head back as far as she can to get the last drop!
She can now hold a crayon and will color a little bit. She made her first drawing on the etch-a-sketch. I think she is going to be an artist!
What she loves-her bear paci! She mostly uses it at night and when in the car, but if she happens to come across it you better believe it will be in her mouth!
Swinging and sliding. It has really been too hot to spend much time outside that didn't involve water of some sort. We took a break from house hunting one evening a spent a little time on the playground! All of the neighborhoods that we are looking at in Frisco have community playgrounds, pools and walking paths. We are really looking forward to those!
Her dogs, she honestly will bend down and pick things up with her mouth like the dogs do! Several teachers at school have commented on it!
She loves her new lady bug ride-on toy. She isn't crazy about riding on it, because her feet don't quite touch the ground, but she pushes it all over the place. She is also still crazy about her kitchen. In the new loft she has a play area where all of her toys are out. She can occupy herself for quite a while playing!
A few more loves...banging on the piano, remotes, cell phones, keys (all of the really germy stuff), throwing kisses, bathtime, Ms. Lydia and Ms Tomika (she gets a little separation anxiety when they try to take her to other classrooms), taking rides around the loft in her car and being noisy!
Here are a few things I LOVE about her...when she tastes something that she really likes, she giggles. Especially salty things. Her open mouth kisses. When she falls asleep in the car and goes back to sleep on my shoulder after I take her out of her carseat. Saturday and Sunday morning snuggles! How cute she looks with bed head. Watching her, when she doesn't know I am watching. I love seeing her figure things out. It is like you can literally see the light bulb go off. Listening to her hum along with her daddy. The way she makes a beeline to me when I walk into her classroom. I know this is a long post, but I am catching up for 3 months! I guess I will wrap it up. But not before I show a few more of my favorite pictures. They aren't the greatest quality...but they are too cute not to post. Until 18 months...ENJOY!
![]() |
| Chance was running a little late one morning so he snuck Ashlyn into his office to check in before he took her to school! I thought this picture was so cute ;) |
It was a pretty crazy month for all of us. Ashlyn picked up a few vices...chugging beer and smoking pipes (ok..spoons)!























































No comments:
Post a Comment