Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 1 of transition

Ashlyn was supposed to be in her new classroom from 9-10:30 today.  Due to some things going on at the loft (maintenance) Chance and Ashlyn were running a little late.  They got there around 9:30.  So Chance took her over to class 7.  Probably not the best idea...she got VERY upset when he had to leave her in there.  Ms. Tomika said she peeked in the window just minutes after Chance left and Ashlyn had dried her eyes and was playing!  When I went to pick her up today, I stopped by class 7.  Ms. Denise said she did great!  They had circle time and everyone went around and introduced themselves to Ashlyn and then they showed her all of their toys and some of their artwork!  I got her lesson plan for the week and at the bottom it said "We would like to welcome Ashlyn to our class!"  So sweet.  I also found out there was 1 case of hand, foot and mouth disease in class 7.  GREAT!  Hopefully we will miss out on that one this time around!  All in all, I think day 1 went well!

1 comment:

  1. What is my problem?!?!? My little guy is only four months old, and as I read this post, big ole tears started forming in my eyes. When will these crazy emotions taper off? Oh, I'm a mother now....never! Haha! Way to go, Ashlyn! Reid and his mommy are SO proud of you!

    ReplyDelete