Monday, October 3, 2011

Outdozin'

I couldn't think of a better title for this post...makes me laugh every time I say it!  Whenever I spend a significant amount of time outside...I have to call it "outdozin".  Really not sure how you spell it...but that is my best guess!  Quick story...a couple of years ago I had a young, funny black woman as a patient.  She was hilarious...cracked me up all of the time.  One Monday I went to see her and I asked her how her weekend was.  Her response, "I'm exhausted.  I was out dozing all weekend".  I mistakenly thought she meant sleeping on and off all weekend...dozing.  Nope, she was OUT DOORSING all weekend.  Cruising around the campus in her power w/c.  Outdozin'!  Cracked me up.  Same woman who when I suggested we practice fall recovery before she discharged home told me, "Oh, I can get up from the floor...I fall all of the time in my room"!  Not what your PT wants to hear.  Same patient who hoped her son left his "heat" in the car when he came up for family training...not because it is illegal to carry a gun on the premises but because he has a warrant.  Go figure.

Anyway...back to our post.  We were outdozin' all weekend and it was great!  Ashlyn was a trooper since she came down with her first cold of this cold/flu season on Thursday.  Gma stayed home with her on Friday hoping a day of rest and good naps would speed up her recovery!  We had lots of fun stuff planned this weekend and we decided to go ahead with it all, even though Ashlyn wasn't 100%.  She seemed to enjoy it all and didn't even mind the fact that the only naps she had this weekend were in the car.  She is very easy going!

We started Saturday by heading out to Canton for 1st Monday.  We met Mimi and PaJ out there just in time for some yummy Canton food  for lunch (my favorite part of 1st Monday:).  It was a little warmer than anticipated but we all enjoyed walking around looking at all of the junk!  I love to walk around the pavilions where the real treasures are...but it was way too crowded for a stroller in there!  I have never seen so many people at 1st Monday!  We walked around for a few hours until we could no longer take the crowds and heat.  Ashlyn had on her squeaky shoes and she loved walking around (still holding on to a finger).  She was quite the hit!  We headed home and relaxed and ordered pizza.  We had to rest up for our next outing.

Sunday morning we met Gpa, Gma and Aunt Sarah at the Dallas Zoo.  The weather was gorgeous!  Couldn't have been better.  Ashlyn really liked looking at the animals this time.  She would actually look at them, point and grunt.  Last time we were at the zoo, I think she was still too young to get it.  She did NOT want to be in the stroller or be held.  She wanted to walk!  She still needs to hold on to 1 finger, but she walked those little legs off!  Needless to say, the turtles made it around the zoo more quickly than we did.  But it was a lot of fun. We got to feed the giraffes, have a close up encounter with a cheetah and watch the bird show.  We had a blast.  We left early enough to grab a good table at our favorite pizza joint, Eno's to watch the Cowboy's game and celebrate Aunt Sarah's birthday!  We sat up stairs and they had the huge windows open.  I could have sat there all afternoon!  But oh no...our day was not complete...we still had to go house hunting!  We headed to Frisco to check out a couple of houses with Aunt Gayle.  It was a very busy weekend and we were all ready to crash by Sunday night!  Outdozin' is exhaustin'!
The only pictures I have from the weekend were at the zoo.  Thanks Gma!  Next time we will pass around the camera to make sure you and Sarah are in some shots!



I am sure this Jeep is REALLY clean as Ashlyn chews on it!

Love this picture!
No, the giraffe is not about to eat Ashlyn's arm!

 We did a lot of this



She is getting so big!

And more of this...



See, there is Aunt Sarah!

Me and Gpa!

And some stairs







No comments:

Post a Comment