Wednesday, March 14, 2012
One day at a time
I am a firm believer that we all have the ability to choose our attitude, our outlook, our perspective on things. I have had a lot of time to think these past several days between laying around for 4 days with no technology to restless nights from laying around all day. Just because I've had to put my body in slow motion doesn't mean my mind has followed! While I think it would be easy to get depressed or lonely or discouraged or saddened by the possibility of 2 1/2 months of bed rest ahead of me, I have CHOSEN the other road. I am one blessed momma! I think about the women out there who would gladly, willingly, beg for bed rest, even 9 months of it, if it meant the opportunity to carry a child. Having difficulties with miscarriage, a challenging previous pregnancy, a pre-term delivery and now complications with my current pregnancy, I can relate to the pain but I truly believe that things happen for a reason. As my pregnancy has progressed and I have worried about possible complications, I have prayed for God to give me a sign if I need to "slow down". I guess I forgot to mention that I take subtle hints very well...but I got the sign! So for now, I am taking it one day at a time. I have CHOSEN to see the glass as half full and feel so fortunate for this opportunity. I am usually already at work by the time Ashlyn wakes up. I have really enjoyed being home for those early morning snuggles. There is NO greater feeling than having Ashlyn nestled against my ever growing belly and feeling her brother moving around inside me! That is my happy place! I anxiously await the moment Chance and Ashlyn walk through that door in the evenings. We are getting settled into a routine and our family and friends have been rock stars! You guys never cease to amaze me with the kindness, willingness, generosity and love! I hope one day we can return the favors. So, if you worry or wonder about me...please know that I am doing just fine! Paxton and I are hanging in there and taking it one day at a time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment