Saturday, March 31, 2012

A great check-up and a BIG baby

I had my weekly OB appointment yesterday.  We received great news from the sono.  Paxton's kidneys look better, in fact the right one (which had the most dilation) had almost none and the left was within normal ranges!  We will continue to monitor them but it is likely something that will just come and go depending on the timing of the sono.  If his bladder is full, we may see some dilation or we may not!  We will just keep an eye on them.  They also measured him.  He is a whopper according to the sonogram weighing in at 4 lbs 11 ounces and is in the 97th percentile!  He is weighs more (according to the sono...which I think usually estimates a little high) at 30.5 weeks than Ashlyn did when she was born!  The sono tech scared me a little bit because she asked me if I had gestational diabetes because I have so much fluid and the baby is so big!  I passed my glucose test which means I don't have "the suga" (as so many of my patients like to call it).  But it concerned me a little nonetheless.  Dr. Waldrep reassured me that I don't have gestational diabetes, we just have a big baby!!  Big babies are good!  So we stopped by Krispy Kreme and picked up a box of donuts for the weekend!
30 1/2 weeks

1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on your blog Kristi- so thankful things are going better. You have such an awesome attitude & outlook- it's inspiring. And you are such a great writer! I always enjoy catching up on your blog.

    ReplyDelete