Thursday, March 1, 2012
The most expensive pot of chili ever made
We had our 2nd annual chili cook-off at work this week. I decided to try my luck with a white chicken chili recipe that I used last year. Chance and I started cooking after we put Ashlyn to bed, so we got a late start. I deboned and shredded the rotisserie chickens while Chance chopped all of the veggies. I put the "remains" in the trash and tied up the bag and set it out to be taken out in the morning. The morning turned out to be a little hectic with Ashlyn's tummy bug still roaring (see next post). Chance re-opened the trash to put some diapers in it before taking it out. While he was changing a second blow out diaper the dogs were in the kitchen enjoying the chicken bone buffet! Chicken bones and dogs don't mix. When Chance walked in and saw the scene, he immediately called the vet. The vet said either he could induce vomiting at home or he could bring the dogs in, but it had to be done within the hour. He quickly loaded up all 3 girls and rushed the dogs to the vet. I envisioned hundreds of dollars worth of emergency vet bills. A morphine drip, IV fluids and all day monitoring doesn't sound cheap! I was pleasantly surprised when I showed up to pick them up after work and the bill was only $80! The dogs survived and the most expensive pot of chili ever made won an award at the cook-off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment