when you are pregnant...
-I was politely holding the elevator door open for a lady who was carrying a purse, a smaller cooler and pulling two rolling suitcases. When she stepped on the elevator I said "You've got your hands full". She looked down at my waistline and said, "You've got your belly full".
-We were grocery shopping one evening and Ashlyn wanted to ride in the cart that has the car in front of it. Halfway through the shopping trip, she escaped and was running around the store with Chance leaving me to maneuver the extra large buggy with a wide turning radius, through the busy aisles of the grocery store...on a Sunday. One gentleman looked down at the empty car in the front of the buggy, my belly and my struggle not to knock over the display and said, "Are you just practicing, or what?".
-One of the housekeepers at work whom I hadn't seen in a month or two said "Kristi, is that you? I didn't recognize you being so (puffed out her cheeks and rounded her arms out by her side) and all!"
-One of our therapy techs said "I think Jennie (a co-worker who gave birth a few weeks ago) was as big as you are when she had her baby".
-My lovely husband commented "You look beautiful tonite, for a pregnant woman."
Awesome :)!
I don't mind my ever growing waistline one bit...being pregnant is truly one of the greatest blessings I could ever ask for. There really is no comparison. I remember actually missing being pregnant after Ashlyn was born. I get a chuckle out of these funny comments and want to keep track of them. I will add more as I get them! Now, off to curb my sweet tooth!
I laughed out loud reading these! Thanks for sharing. People say the dumbest things! You look beautiful and are not big at all!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh - cracking up!!! What on earth??? People are so clueless! You are gorgeous, Kristi!
ReplyDelete