Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hanging with the cousins

We took a trip to Abilene this weekend.  We got there Friday night...a little later than anticipated but it takes us a while to load up and get it all down to the car these days.  We are quite a sight in the elevator!  Saturday was spent playing, eating, drinking, swimming and playing some more!  Ashlyn and Jules had fun playing together.  Jules wanted everything that Ashlyn had...including her mom!  Jules didn't leave my side and even called me "Momma".  It was pretty funny!  Jules started wearing bibs and sitting in the highchair to eat...things she hasn't done in quite some time.  The best part of it all was when Jules came in today at lunch sucking on one of Ashlyn's pacifiers!  It was hilarious.  She never took to a pacifier, despite Kristin's multiple attempts to get her to take one.  She didn't really even know what to do with it.  She didn't suck on it, she just let it kind of hang out of her mouth.  It was priceless!  I think they had a great time playing.  It was nice to just relax and catch up with everyone.  We packed up Sunday afternoon and headed home.  Traveling isn't quite as easy as it used to be when Ashlyn was younger.  She doesn't nap the whole time now so we have to entertain her.  I packed a bag full of toys and would hand her one at a time which repeatedly ended up out of her reach.  The other occupier of time is eating.  This didn't go quite so well.  We were about an hour away from home and pulled over to grab some dinner.  I gave Ashlyn some snacks and then with much debate, decided to give her a pear/mango yogurt smoothie (one of those squishy bags that you can eat directly from the pouch).  She has a history of not doing too well with yogurt, but it had been a while and this wasn't REALLY yogurt.  Bad decision.  About 20 minutes from home she barfed and she barfed and she barfed some more.  It was terrible!  I won't go into details, but let's just say we will not eat yogurt again for a very long time!  After we got home and bathed, I decided to let her try and eat a little something before bed.  Pedialite and applesauce...we saw that again.  Maybe she has a little bug or maybe the yogurt really did a number on her tummy.  I am not sure what is going on.  She stayed up and played for a little bit so we could keep an eye on her.  She was acting fine with no more barfing so we put her to bed.  Saying prayers for a healthy nite!

We were so relaxed that I forgot to even pull out the camera this weekend :(  Kristin and Scott captured some cute and funny pics on their phones.

Ashlyn and Kellan
He is so good with her!

Notice her onesie (Lil Peanut)
Thanks Aunt Sarah!
Like I said, Jules wanted whatever Ashlyn had.  Ashlyn was okay with this at first but quickly decided this car wasn't a 2-seater.  The look on Jules' face is PRICELESS!  I absolutely love these pictures!



Hope to make it out west again really soon!


1 comment:

  1. Jessi Ivie9/07/2011

    Those last two pictures of Ash and Jules are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete