Monday, September 5, 2011

Pickin' for Preemies

It is only fitting that Ashlyn's first concert to attend (outside the womb...yes, her first concert ever was Bon Jovi:) was a benefit for Cook's NICU...Pickin' for Preemies.  It was an acoustic concert full of great Texas Country singer/songwriters.  We loaded up on Labor Day, after I worked all day, and headed to Fort Worth.  Donnie Nelson invited us to come out to the event and hooked us up with backstage access! We hung out with several of the performers and got to check out their tour busses.  Ashlyn watched the show from backstage sitting next to Cody Canada's 2 sons!  Randy Rogers asked to hold her and shared videos of his 16 month old daughter.  Ashlyn roamed all over the tour busses and I honestly thought it was there she would take her first solo steps. (Yes, I washed her hands very well).  We had a great time and will definitely be making it an annual event. What a great cause!

Valet Parking

Her stroller looked so cute next to the busses

Chance, Danny and Randy

Randy Rogers and Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment