Thursday, January 12, 2012

4 months (+ a few days)

Baby Wimberly #2 will be joining us in less than 5 months!  This pregnancy has been pretty smooth so far.  Just to bring us up to date:  I went in for blood work as soon as we found out I was pregnant.  All of my numbers looked good so we had a sonogram at 6 weeks.  That sono showed a fetal sac, but no fetal pole (the first signs of a baby).  We scheduled another sonogram for 3 days later to follow up.  Sometimes it is just too early to see anything.  It was a stressful couple of days but we went back optimistic and received good news...and saw a heartbeat!  We went back at 8 weeks for the first scheduled prenatal visit.  Dr. Waldrep wasn't able to find the heartbeat on the doppler so she sent us back over for another sonogram.  So we got a 2nd view of our newest family member...and all looked well.  The last 2 visits have been pretty routine each 4 weeks apart.  I have been feeling pretty good lately and getting some energy back.  The first trimester was a little rough with evening sickness and unbelievable fatigue.  It is a little different the 2nd time around when you are chasing a toddler!  Chance has been a lifesaver and really stepped up when I couldn't peel myself from the couch!  We have been discussing a few options for treatments that hopefully help prevent preterm labor.  We will make a final decision on our next appointment.  We will also find out if we will be having a boy or girl!  And, I have started feeling the baby move!  I felt Ashlyn VERY early (16 weeks) and have been anxious to start feeling this little one move around.  I love and cherish every movement...such an amazing, indescribable feeling!  My baby bump definitely popped out a little sooner this time around.  This isn't a great picture (I think there is a little shadow) but I was getting a little behind so I will just go with it!  More news to come on our littlest peanut! 

4 months

No comments:

Post a Comment