Ashlyn hasn't been to school in a week because of her procedures so I am not sure where she got Bronchiolitis! Oh wait, maybe the doctor's office or hospital? I am sure there are a few germs running around there! She started with a cough and congestion on Friday. By Sunday she was pretty sick with a fever, wheezing, grunting, rapid breathing and nasal flaring. It was pretty scary. Her Mimi was off work for MLK Day so she volunteered to come stay with her. After a rough night, I decided to take her to the doctor Monday morning. Mimi joined us for a marathon doctor's visit. We were there 2.5 hours! The first thing they did was hook her up to a pulse oximeter...NOT a fan! The doctor saw her and agreed she sounded like crap. He swabbed her for the Flu and RSV, both were negative. Yay! So then, after some research, he decided to try a breathing treatment. The medication she takes for her hemangioma is a heart medication and counteracts the dilating effects of the breathing treatment. Because she was so sick Sunday night, we didn't give her Propranolol so he thought the breathing treatment would be safe. She was not crazy about the breathing treatment initially, but then got tired of fighting it. They rechecked her oxygen sats and he came back and listened to her again and she sounded great! He was debating on doing a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia but since she responded so well to the breathing treatment he didn't need to! The symptoms of pneumonia don't usually get better with albueterol. So he sent us home with breathing treatments every 4-6 hours. We got home just in time for nap time. Mimi stayed with Ashlyn and I went to work for the afternoon. She woke up from a great nap, with the respiratory symptoms back. I did another breathing treatment when I got home from work, but it didn't really seem to help. By the time Chance got home from work her fever was 102. I was getting a little nervous, thinking maybe she had pneumonia and bronchiolitis?!?! We did another breathing treatment and dose of Tylenol at 9 and she was doing a little better. After a little more sleep last night, she woke up this morning and sounds a little better and her fever hasn't been back. I stayed home from work today so we are hanging out in our jammies and trying to get over this junk! The good news...her ears looked great!
 |
| Quick bath before our doctor's appointment |
 |
| Thumbs up for a breathing treatment |
No comments:
Post a Comment