Monday, September 3, 2012

Paci drama


And then there was 1!  Some how we went from 3 paci’s to 1 this weekend!  Pacibear and Paciphant are now simply bear and phant…no more paci’s attached to them.  We hadn’t planned on weaning Ashlyn quite yet but it seems like it is going to happen on its own time!  She has one paci left…pacirabbit…which is actually a bear, but looks more like a rabbit.  I guess she started chewing on the pacifier part and chewed a hole through them!  The end of the nipple was dangling and we had to cut it off.  We cut the entire pacifier off of pacibear and just the end of the nipple off paciphant.  She was pretty sad about the whole thing and says “Uh oh” and “Oh no” whenver she sees them.  I thought when the pacifiers were gone/weaned she would use the animals as her “security blanket”.  She pretty much wants NOTHING to do with them now that they are paciless!  I was pretty sad about the whole thing as well.  I guess because it was so unplanned and makes me sad to think about taking away something that provides so much comfort to her.  We will see what happens when she gnaws her way through her final pacifier…could be some tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment