Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Good news and bad news

I always dread getting phone calls from Ashlyn's day care.  I got one last week because Ms. Lydia accidentally bumped Ashlyn's head with the kitchen door.  I am glad they call me for every little thing...but my heart races waiting to hear the news!  Today I received a phone call from Ms. Tomika.  She had good news and bad news.  The bad news was Ashlyn was playing with one of her friends and he bit her finger!  Didn't break the skin, but badly enough to leave a mark that is still there this evening!  The good news...Ashlyn is walking!!!  My response was, "Like, how many steps?"  Ms. Tomika says, "No, she is walking like she knows what to do!"  Sure enough, as soon as I got there to pick her up she took about 10 steps towards me!  She did it again for Chance this evening!  She still plops down as soon as she realizes she is walking, but this is a huge step (no pun intended:)!  I will do my best to get it on video tomorrow.  Yay Ashlyn!!!

1 comment: