Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

I have to admit...it wasn't a traditional Easter, but that is OK!  Considering the circumstances, there were plenty of eggs, candy and good food!  Mimi started the week off with an Easter basket at the hospital!  The activities continued with an Easter Celebration at school on Thursday.  I was so sad because I couldn't attend the party with my new restrictions (it was hard for the former room mom not to be involved!)  I was very happy that Gma was able to make it to the party and egg hunt!  She brought the video camera to capture it, but the battery died.  She said Ashlyn owned the egg hunt!  She had to help her get started with the first 2 eggs, but after that she was off!  She found almost all of the eggs and had to share some of the loot with her classmates.  They had an Easter snack and did a few crafts.  Karen said she had a great time!  Friday Mimi and PaJ came over with an awesome lunch of ham and au-grautin potatoes!  We took a break from packing for Ashlyn to color a few Easter eggs.  She loved plopping the eggs into the colors, but as predicted lasted about 10 minutes!  Easter Sunday was spent unpacking and lunch from Smashburger!  Aunt Sarah brought over an Easter basket for Ashlyn and she got to hunt eggs in our apartment.  I was able to find her precious Easter dress and put it on her for about an hour!  It wasn't a traditional Easter, but we were able to spend it with family and out of the hospital!
Easter at school, after the big hunt 
Taking a break from packing to color eggs 

Taking a break from UNpacking
for an Easter basket
Ashlyn and her Easter basket
Loved playing with the eggs!
Still playing with them

No comments:

Post a Comment