Monday, April 30, 2012

Rocking my baby

We now have the rocker in Paxton's room.  It is the same rocker we used with Ashlyn.  She has an ear infection and woke up screaming like her ears were bothering her last night.  I got her out of her crib and took her into the nursery and did something I haven't done in probably a year...I rocked her!  She feel asleep on top of me while we rocked and the memories and tears came flooding in!  Her once tiny body that nestled under my chin now stretches from my shoulder to my knees with her legs hanging off my lap.   Having my daughter snuggled up against my huge belly that houses her brother was the greatest feeling ever!  I rocked her and reminisced until my feet went numb, then tucked her into bed with Chance and me for even more snuggles!  As much as I want her to be an independent sleeper, those are moments that I will never forget and never feel guilty about!  It reminded my of a poem my mom told me when Ashlyn was first born.  So true and will be by motto with Paxton as well.  They grow up too fast!

Cleaning and scrubbing
Can wait till tomorrow...
For babies grow up 
We've learned to our sorrow...
So quiet down cobwebs
Dust go to sleep...
I'm rocking my baby
And babies don't keep!

No comments:

Post a Comment