Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A trial run

Well, we survived another quick stop by labor & delivery...this time we got to go home without an overnight stay!  I had a lot of cramping and a little flank pain that kept me up Monday night.  I wasn't too worried about it until I noticed blood in my urine at 3 am (on one of my hourly trips to the bathroom).  I debated and decided to call the on call doctor, because that didn't seem right!  She agreed and wanted me to go to L&D.  So we set into motion our labor plan...rudely waking Gpa and Gma from their sleep begging them to meet us at the hospital so we could handoff Ashlyn!  It all went pretty smoothly and I was at the hospital by 4:30.  The nurse was alarmed by how frequently I was having contractions.  They were coming every 2 minutes and lasting over a minute each.  She got some orders from the doctor including a shot of terbutaline, a fetal fibronectin test, a check of my cervix, an IV to start fluids and an in and out cath for a sterile urine sample!  I think she threw that last one in there as punishment for waking her up at 3 am.  It was NOT fun!  They got the contractions under control, the UA and fetal fibrinectin were both negative (except for large blood in my urine), and I was still only dilated to a 1!  Good news all around.  I hung out in L&D on the monitors while they ran lots of fluid through me hoping if there was a stone, it would help it pass.  They discharged me around 10:30 and sent me upstairs to Dr. Waldrep's office.  There they did a sono and a biophysical profile.  Paxton looked great!  And BIG!  He is measuring 35.5 weeks and is estimated to weigh over 6 lbs!  And his kidneys looked good!  Both of my kidneys showed hydronephrosis, but it is not painful at this time...and hopefully it stays that way.  She wasn't able to see any stones.  So we got to head home around 12.  Chance decided to work from home the rest of the afternoon and I took a nap!  We hadn't had much sleep that night and were both exhausted. And Chance started coming down with Ashlyn's cold.  Not good!  Gma, Gpa and Aunt Sarah brought Ashlyn home along with an awesome BBQ dinner for us!  We all hit the sack pretty early.  Thankful for another false alarm!

Spending the day with Gma & Aunt Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment