Friday, April 13, 2012

Her latest tactic

We have been having some major sleep issues over the past few months that I really thought would resolve once Ashlyn got her her own room, with a door and without creaky hardwood floors!  The first 2 nights in the apartment went really well so I was optimistic!  But then night 3 was back to the old routine...either crying from the get go or sleeping about an hour then crying...throwing everything out of the crib, monkey, paci, blankets.  We are ok with crying it out...but after an hour or an hour and a half...it gets to be a bit much!  This girl has stamina!  We have tried everything that I can think of...crying it out, the FUBER method, starting the nighttime routine all over again, laying on the floor in her room...nothing works!  She has gotten too used to sleeping with us.  The only thing that works is bringing her to our bed.  She is out like a light and sleeps until morning.  Her latest tactic took the cake!  She was standing up, holding on to the edge of the IRON crib.  She would bang her head on the iron, turn and look DIRECTLY into the monitor and start crying and rubbing her head. I was watching her on the monitor and was totally shocked!  I was for sure she would do it once or twice and realize it hurt and wasn't worth it.  But no, she did this about 10 times before I finally went in there.  She had 10 red/purple, raised bumps on her forehead!  Ugh!  They turned to bruises by morning and she looked battered!  I am really hoping once we get her "big girl bed" we can get back to our old sleep habits!  I really need her sleeping again before her brother gets here!!
You have to look closely, but each of those
red spots turned to a bruise by morning! 
If she could sleep here every night she would be a happy camper!
Why does she always end up horizontal??

No comments:

Post a Comment