The 2 don't really mix! With a baby due to make an appearance any day now...my to do list is ever growing! My hormones and instincts are kicking in and my maternal need to be "nesting" is in overdrive! Very difficult to do from the couch. Thankfully, with a wonderful husband, an awesome family and the world wide web, I have gotten many things checked off in preparation for Paxton's arrival. Nonetheless, there is still a LOT to do before the big day. It is pretty frustrating to see so much that needs to be done and physically not be able to do it! Here are a few things I have managed to do from the horizontal position: decorate the nursery (well...purchase the decor for the nursery...some assembly still required), gather the items for a prepared hospital stay (I vowed to have a few personal belongings this time around since I had literally NOTHING when I had Ashlyn), begin Ashlyn's transition to a "big girl room" complete with a full sized bed I found on Craig's List that is currently being refinished by a man I found on Craig's List and plan Ashlyn's 2nd birthday party! We also made a very productive stop by our storage units...probably still have 2 more trips before we really have all we need...but it was a start! And we also made a much needed trip to Target, (keep in mind, I usually stop by Target once or twice a week...I haven't been in 2 months)! I finally gave in to the electric carts, since one of my specific instructions was NO grocery shopping. What a humbling experience! I got over the sympathetic stares fairly quickly, but I will never get over the embarrassment of the loud, high pitched beeping that sucker makes when you put it in reverse! Oh well, all for the love of this child :)
![]() |
| A trip to the grocery store |

Ha! The picture of you on the scooter is hilarious!!!!!! THANKS for posting it! :-)
ReplyDeleteAnything for a chuckle :)
Delete