Tuesday, May 1, 2012

35 weeks and a plan

I had a great check up yesterday and feel like we have a plan!  Dr. Waldrep is very pleased that we have made it to 35 weeks and all seems well.  I am dilated to 2 cm and 50% effaced.  I am measuring 39 cm, which is about 4 weeks ahead of schedule!  Paxton's heartbeat sounded great, even through a strong Braxton Hicks contraction.  The plan from here is to stay the course for another week (limited activity, Procardia 4x/day and one more Progesterone shot on Friday).  I go back to see her next Tuesday and will be 36 weeks.  At that point we will stop the oral meds and I can resume more activity!  We will let nature take its course.  37 weeks is considered full term and since he seems like a big baby and I had the steroid shots that help his lungs produce surfactant, she feels confident that he will be ready anytime after 36 weeks!  I managed to catch Chance and Ashlyn's cold over the weekend and have had a terrible cough!  I feel fine otherwise, but can't believe all of this coughing hasn't sent me into labor!  It has been rough...I am more than ready to be rid of it!  I also got approval to drive (I haven't driven in 2 months!) 2 miles down the road to get a much needed haircut!  I was scheduled to get one on Friday before Mimi's incident, but that obviously didn't happen.  I am getting very excited to meet our little guy.  It is kind of weird because I feel like it could be any time now?!?!  We will probably have a new member of our family before the milk in our fridge expires!
35 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment