Wednesday, May 9, 2012

2 years old!

Terrible 2's?  I beg to differ!  Maybe I will retract that statement one day, but Ashlyn is anything but terrible!  She has her toddler moments and most of those can be attributed to factors outside of her control (not enough sleep, not feeling 100%, hungry etc).  She truly is a precious little girl that I have loved watching grow and change into a fun, feisty toddler!  What a personality!  Here is a little update on Ashlyn at 2!

Stats:
Height 33.5 inches (45%)
Weight 23.4 lbs (10%)
Head circumference 47.2 cm (50%)

Other tidbits from our doctor's visit:
Dr. Yaeger thinks she is doing great!  She can switch from whole milk to 2% milk, she can start taking vitamins if we feel she isn't getting enough fruits and veggies and it is time for a visit to the dentist (I have had to cancel 2 appointments because of bed rest).  He thinks growth wise she is doing great and has been consistent with her growth curve.  She is on track with her gross motor milestones but we are keeping a close eye on her speech.  He isn't concerned about it because she has been showing progress and is still in the window for language development.  I was a little concerned about her feet, she really pronates especially her left foot.  She can't wear some shoes because her left foot slides right out of it.  He suggested letting her go barefoot as much as possible to continue to strengthen the muscles and we will also keep an eye on them.  It doesn't interfere with her mobility at this time.  He recommended keeping her in her crib until we get settled into a routine with the baby, then start the transition.  I agree with him on most things, but I think we may still start the transition as soon as we get a mattress!  I really want to get the nursery set up.  She hasn't really shown much interest in potty training and we aren't really pushing the issue.  Dr. Yaeger agrees!  We didn't mention that she still uses her paci at night and in the car.  That is our little secret.  I have mixed feelings about trying to wean it before the baby comes...I think it will be hard to explain why he can have one, but she can't!  She had to get one shot and her heel pricked for some blood work.  All looked good!

Some other facts about our 2 year old:
Wears:  Mostly 18-24 month clothing, size 4 diapers and size 4.5 shoes
Sleeps: 8:30-7:30 and takes a 2 hour nap
Says:  She talks ALL the time, but her vocabulary is still limited (lots of babbling, but I am convinced she knows what she is saying).  She is repeating a lot more words, and will sometimes put 2 words together.  She is starting to sing too and it is so cute!
Eats:  She is still a pretty good eater, although she goes through some picky phases.  Her favorite foods right now are: bananas, cereal bars, raisins, cheerios, berries, applesauce, avocado, peanut butter and jelly, pancakes and kiwi.  She definitely prefers fruit over veggies.  She drinks milk, water and a little juice.  She loves to have sips of whatever I am drinking!
Loves: Being outside, her dogs Mazzy,  singing songs that have hand motions that go with them (happy and you know it, wheels on the bus, itsy bitsy spider, patty cake etc), her baby dolls, balls, bubbles and balloons, playing with blocks and other things that she can stack, paper products (spends hours playing with toilet paper, paper towels, wipes and kleenex...easy entertainment!), being silly with her daddy, bubble baths,  "helping" in the kitchen, getting snacks out of the pantry, her paci bear, running, dancing and jumping!
Not so crazy about: being in the car (requires lots of entertaining), getting dressed, having her diaper changed, holding hands around cars, bows in her hair, and riding in the cart or stroller (would much rather be walking running).  She is still pretty easily redirected, but is definitely getting a little more feisty!

A few things I want to remember about Ashlyn at this age:  Her sweet kisses!  She is so loving and gives hugs and kisses all of the time, complete with an exaggerated MUAH!  The way she will play for quite a while all by herself.  I love to sit back and just watch her play.  How smoothly our night time routine has been going.  We say our poems and prayers and I lay her down in her crib with 2-3 paci's and her green monkey.  She tucks her legs underneath her and has her tush up in the air.  She still looks so tiny in her crib...I can't imagine her in a big girl bed!  How excited she gets to sing "wheels on the bus" and "happy and you know it".  How she runs in the door when she and Chance get home and gives me the biggest hug!  The pride you can see when she accomplishes a new task.  Her tiny little feet and the way her 2nd toe slightly overlaps her 1st and 3rd toes.  How angelic she looks when she is sleeping.  It is so peaceful and reminds me of when she was a baby!  There is nothing I want to forget about her at this age, but I know things slip away as she grows and changes everyday!

I stole this photo idea from a friend of mine (Thanks Amy!)
Going to bed as a 1 year old!
 Waking up a 2 year old!
A few silly pictures before bed

No comments:

Post a Comment