Tuesday, May 22, 2012

38 weeks

I absolutely love Dr. Waldrep!  When she walked into the room, her first words were "Well, we did a good job keeping him in there!  Now, I hope we can get him out!"  I had a sono today to do another biophysical profile and measure the baby.  He scored 8/8 on the biophysical profile and measured 8lbs 11 ounces!  Holy Moly!  That's a big boy!  I looked back through the blog and I don't think Ashlyn weighed that much until she was 2.5 months old!  The sonographer spent about 2 minutes just scanning his face because she couldn't get over his pudgey little cheeks!  He was drinking and sucking on his hand while we were looking at his face.  She said he has peach fuzz for hair, but that is about it.  I still can't believe my children don't come out needing a haircut!  He also was not modest showing off his man parts!  Based on the measurements, he is measuring 39 weeks and 6 days (almost 2 weeks ahead of schedule).  He looked great!  And the kidney dilation has completely resolved...Praise God!

When we met with Dr. Waldrep she asked me what I wanted to do.  I guess most people have a "plan".  I really don't.  I have trusted her this far and I am not going to stop now.  I want her to do what she feels is best for the baby and for me!  I will do whatever need be to get him here healthy and safely.  We decided to schedule an induction for next Wednesday if he doesn't come on his own before then.  She said she won't induce until 39 weeks (unless medically necessary) because they can't guarantee fetal lung maturity until then.  She mentioned an elective c-section because of his size, but we didn't really discuss it.  I have been doing a lot of thinking and am going to call her back to discuss that option a little more.  I am nervous that if we wait another week he could be close to 9 pounds!  

I measured 43 cm (should be around 38 cm!) and am 3 cm dilated and 100% effaced.  Once you hit 4 cm, they expect you to progress at 1 cm per hour...so it really could be any time now!  I still have contractions on and off and sometimes they are pretty consistent, but aren't incredibly painful.  My right leg isn't as swollen and I didn't gain any more weight!  I still crave sweets like nobody's business!  I do pretty well throughout the day, but get uncomfortable at night.  I have heartburn on and off and constantly feel like I have a lump in my throat.  Not really sure what that is about???  All and all, I feel pretty good...I can hang in there for another week.  Here are some shots of my HUGE belly!
38 weeks

Paxton Doyle Wimberly
I love you already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment