Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Birthday celebrations

What a wonderful day we had celebrating Ashlyn's 2nd birthday.  We had her actual party with family and friends over the weekend, so we spent her birthday just with the 3 (1/2) of us.  It was such a special day!  I got the idea from Pinterest to hang some balloons and streamers for a fun birthday morning surprise!  She wasn't sure what to think about it at first because she was still waking up...but had a lot of fun once she perked up a little!
We opened a few gifts with breakfast, sang happy birthday and blew out candles on her oatmeal!
Chance headed to work and I dropped Ashlyn off at school for lunch and nap time so I could run a few errands.  And she had to show off her birthday outfit :)
Chance and I snuck in a quick lunch before I did errands and picked Ashlyn up for her 2 year check-up!  We had a great visit with Dr. Yaeger, despite having to get one shot and her toe pricked :(
Ashlyn and I headed home to play for a little bit while we waited for Chance to get off work.  
We met Chance at the Cheesecake Factory for a birthday dinner!  Ashlyn requested the red velvet cheesecake as her birthday dessert ;)
After dinner, we headed home and Ashlyn had a few more gifts to open that came in the mail!  She is really getting this present opening thing down.  
It was an absolutely amazing day celebrating our sweet peanut!  Happy 2nd Birthday Ashlyn Mae Wimberly.  We love you more and more every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment