Upon installing the safety knobs onto Ashlyn's bedroom door, we realized the latch wasn't completely fastening requiring very little effort to pull the door open. So, I stand corrected, our little turkey cannot open her bedroom door...YET! She can definitely do the lever type door knobs (like the one on our front door and her classroom at school!). Anyway, all in all I think the transition is going very well. I put her to bed with the same routine we used to follow and she is asleep within minutes. Some nights she makes it until morning, other nights she wakes up and cries at her door until we help her fall back to sleep with either a back rub or some snuggles. Nap time is a different story! It's a little different when the room is completely lit up with daylight and there are lots of enticing toys! The past 2 naps have taken 30-60 minutes for her to fall asleep, but then she takes a good nap. The video monitor is awesome for watching her in action. I have been poking my head in after a little while and telling her to get back in bed and take a nap and she usually complies, but then is back up playing for a few minutes. Eventually she gets tired and takes a nap! Exhibit A of nap time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment