Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Big girl bed-step 1

We have started the transition to the big girl bed!  We both feel that it is a little early, but also don't want to purchase another crib so we are taking baby steps to get Ashlyn transitioned over to her new bed safely.  I found an antique bed on Craig's List that I had refinished and painted.  It is a full sized bed.  I debated long and hard about going the twin with a trundle route vs. a full sized and decided to go with the later (when I found a bargain!).  We purchased a mattress this weekend and a low profile box spring.  The mattress came in yesterday and the box spring will be here later in the week.  So the first step of our transition is her mattress on the floor.  Last night was our first night and it actually went pretty well.  We put the mattress in her room and spent a little while playing on it and said bye bye to her crib as we moved it into the nursery.  I tried to follow our normal bedtime routine, but when I laid her down on the mattress on the floor, she was not having it!  She started crying and climbed right off.  So I laid down next to her and rubbed her back and played with her hair until she fell asleep then quietly (well, as quietly as an 8 1/2 month pregnant woman can be!) snuck out.  She woke up 2 times and was able to put herself back to sleep, but when she woke up at 3 am, she started crying and got out of bed and was standing at the door.  Chance crawled in bed with her and they slept until it was time to get up!  Not too bad for our first night.
Playing on her new mattress before bed 
She looks SO tiny in this full size mattress!

No comments:

Post a Comment