Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Classroom 12
I realized as I was catching up on the blog today that I haven't even posted about Ashlyn transitioning to the toddler room! She moved from the pre-toddler room to the toddler room about a month ago. It seems like she is enjoying it. They have a lot more structured learning and activities. And they go outside twice a day! I didn't get to do the traditional orientation so I spoke with her primary teacher over the phone. From what I can gather it seems like the schedule is something like this: snack around 9 then they rotate through various learning centers and stations. They do circle time where they read books, sing songs, dance and do exercise (too funny!) The head outside for some playtime before they eat lunch at 11. Nap time starts around 11:45 and ends at 2:30! It seems like she is consistently taking a longer nap in this classroom. They have another snack after nap time and then the routine is similar to the morning, stations, circle time and outside time! The toddler to teacher ratio is 12:2 and several of Ashlyn's "friends" are in her class. She has been in the same class with Ian and Noah since the infant room! It's nice to have some familiar faces. Her teachers are Ms. Melanie, Ms. Megan and Ms. Thelma comes in when Ms. Melanie leaves in the afternoon. Ms. Melanie has been there for over 10 years! I think it was a pretty smooth transition for her and I am glad she is with older kids. I think she will learn a lot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment